Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hello Class!

Today we did the following:
  • Took the "Level 2: Achievement Test" for the Foundations Reading Library
  • Looked at the Yomiyasui Level (YL) Chart for the Foundations Reading Library
  • Talked about the Chart for all the books and the word totals
  • Introduced the new "iKnow!" Website!
I have corrected all the tests and it was interesting to see which questions most people got right and which questions most people got wrong.
It was very interesting.
There was one question that almost everyone got wrong and there were questions that almost everyone got right.

Here are a few examples:

Part A:
1 I'm so _____. I have a test tomorrow (1/8)
2 I've got a ____ for the concert (6/8) 2 were spelling mistakes
3 I'm ____. Class starts at 8:00 and it's 8:20 now! (7/8)
4 I'm so ____. I don't have a sweater. (8/8)
5 It's too ____. (7/8)
6 I ____ my cat. (7/8)
7 ____ are very dangerous. (3/8)
8 Can you ____ of me? (0/8)
9 Oh, no it's raining. I'm ____. (3/8)
10 It's a nice day. I'm going to the ____. (4/8)
11 I can't open it but I can ____ it. (5/8)
12 I don't have much ____. (8/8)
13 I love listening to ____. (8/8)
14 Don't pull it, ____ it. (6/8)
15 We have a new ____. (6/8)

Part B.
I like that song. Let's play it again! (8/8)
People can talk, but animals can't (8/8)
Hot Rock are a great band. I listen to them. (8/8)
My father works in a shop. What about yours? (7/8)
Don't worry about me. Everything is okay. (8/8)
Dark Sun are playing in the park on Saturday. I'm so excited. (7/8)
This is too heavy. I can't carry it. (8/8)
I don't have any money. I can't buy it. (8/8)
Is that your new snowboard? Or is it the old one. (8/8)
Ji Sung is late. So Yoon Hee waits for him. (8/8)
I am sorry to hear your brother is sick. (5/8)
I'm playing soccer on Sunday. (7/8)
She can't run. Her leg's broken. (8/8)
I've got three sisters and two brothers. (7/8)
I don't want to buy anything. I'm just looking. (8/8)

Part C.
Do not play on the benches. (7/8)
Come and look at this. (8/8)
Do you want to go on this skatestage? (7/8)
Where is he now? (7/8)
I can buy it with my money (8/8)
Can I have this guitar please? (8/8)
I don't want Mom and Dad to see the broken guitar. (6/8)
His guitar is broken. He can't play music now. (6/8)
Mr. Jenkins works at the zoo. (8/8)
Don't give food to the animals. (8/8)
Give it to me now! (7/8)
Jenny goes goes over the fence to Mike. (8/8)
Don't worry, everybody likes your singing. (7/8)
Does anybody like Gemma's new clothes? (5/8)
We can fix it. Then it will be ours. (8/8)
The boat has no engine and we don't have any money. (6/8)
"What's that old thing?" she asks. (5/8)
Why are these things in the cave? (8/8)
I really like this cave. It's really exciting! (4/8)
Look at this old bed. It's great! (7/8)

Your homework, of course, is to...
Read, Read, Read!

No comments: