Thursday, August 23, 2007

Dear Class,

Last Tuesday, due to the Obon Holiday, Honma-san and I had a one-on-one class!
We talked about the Obon Holiday and how to describe it in English.

Recently, I've created a Question of the Week on the Business English Channel on the iKnow! website.
Honma-san commented on two of the blog entries; Obon Holiday and Small Talk: Movies.

Here are his comments and the links to the iKnow! blog:
Obon Holiday
I went to my family grave in Rengyouji and Choumeiji to pay respects to my ancestors. I burned some incense, cleaned the tombstones, and prayed to my ancestors.
Afterwards, I took my family to eat kaitenzushi "Kuraya" in my hometown. I took my family shopping for food in "Yorkmart". We had a good time together.

Small Talk Topics: Movies
I saw "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid" on DVD.
It starred James Coburn as Pat Garrett and Kris Kristopherson as Billy the Kid. Bob Dylan acted and sang in the movie. I liked it a lot.

Feel free to join the iKnow! site and participate in the Question of the Day as well as study the great courses!

I have also created a new store where I have listed graded readers from various publishers all in one easy to access page.
There is a link on the right side of the page as well as a "widget" that displays a graded reader from the store.

Have fun and see you next week!

Sincerely,

Matthew

No comments: