Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello Everyone!

This week we didn't have class due to the Obon holiday.
If you read this during our week off, be sure to comment and tell me what you did for Obon.

I think many of your are visiting your hometown and going your family cemeteries to do annual cleaning of the graves and to pay your respects.

Since my company is mainly full of native English speakers, we don't have an Obon holiday like most Japanese companies.
We are free to take our paid vacation if we want to go somewhere during the holiday.
I have been going to the office everyday to work.
It's actually really nice since the trains aren't as crowded as they usually are.
If only the trains were always this way! (sigh)

We have had really hot weather this week and a large earthquake last night with many aftershocks. (I didn't wake up last night during the earthquake; I was very tired ^^;)
What have you been doing to stay cool?
We have been using our air conditioning a lot which is going to cost a lot.
How about you?

Enjoy your Obon holiday and see you next week!

Sincerely,

Matthew

No comments: